Test your knowledge if you can answer these questions related to pharmacology, these are important pharmacology questions for students in medical universities ad colleges:
If you like it , please share with your friends too.
Pharma Questions Set 1:
1) Compare and contrast methacholine nad neostigmine.
2) What are clinical uses of atropine.
3) Classify alpha adrenergic agonists.
4) What are pharmacological effects of adrenergic agonists used in cardiogenic shock.
5) Compare the effects of epinephrine, norepinephrine and isoprenaline on CVS.
6) Classify alpha blockers and enumerate their clinical uses.
7) What are adverse effects of propranolol.
8) Write notes on trimetaphan and edrophonium.
9) Give mechanism of action of suxamethonium. How it is metabolized.
10) Give mechanism of action of drugs used in glaucoma.
Pharmacology Questions Set 2:
1) Classify anticholinergics.
2) Give mechanism of action of drugs used in glaucoma.
3) What are the pharmacological effects of atropine?
4) Give the sites of cholinergic and adrenergic receptors in the body?
5) Give the adverse effects of drugs used in shock?
6) Compare effects of adrenaline and noradrenaline.
7) What are clinical uses of β agonists?
8) Write note on clinical uses of ergot alkaloids and their derivatives.
9) What is the mechanism of action of methyldopa and suxamethonium?
10) Enumerate drugs used in the treatment of * myasthenia gravis, * organophosphorus compound poisoning and * atropine poisoning.
Pharmacology Questions Set 3:
1) Effects of atropine on CNS & CVS.
2) Drugs interactions at cholinergic receptors.
3) Clinical uses of adrenaline & isoprenaline.
4) Pharmacological actins of dobutamine.
5) Clinical uses of skeletal muscle relaxants.
6) Cardiovascular actions and clinical uses of trimetaphan.
Pharmacology Questions Set 4:
1) Give typical locations of cholinoceptors.
2) Compare pharmacological actions of suxamethonium with tubocurarine.
3) Compare methacholine with physostigmine.
4) Classify drugs used in glaucoma
5) Draw diagram of noradrenergic neurotransmission and functions.
6) Give therapeutic uses of anticholinergics.
7) Give organ system effects of sympathomimetics.
8) Give treatment of pheochromocytoma and hypertensive emergency.
9) Give pharmacodynamics of β receptor antagonist.
10) Give a note on phentolamine and bromocriptine.
Pharmacology Questions Set 5:
1) Give pharmacokinetics of * epinephrine and * succinylcholine.
2) Give mechanism of action of *methyldopa as antihypertensive and * propranolol as antianginal.
3) Give clinical uses of * atropine, * clonidine and * bromocriptine.
4) Give adverse effects of * dopamine and * salbutamol.
5) Compare and contrast * d-tubocurarine with suxamethonium and * ergotamine with ergometrine.
Pharmacology Questions Set 6:
Q1-classify anti ulcer agents
Q2-Serotonin receptor antagonists as anti emetics.
Q3-Hyperosmotic agents used in constipation
Q4-Drug treatment of Acute Asthma
Q5-Anti inflammatory agents used in Asthma
Q6-Adverse effects of Lansoperazole
Q7-Pharmacological Effects of Theophyllin
Q8-Changes in Urinary Electrolytes patterns in response to diuretics drugs.
Q9-Toxicity of potassium sparing diuretics.
Q10-Clinical Indications of loop diuretics.
Pharmacology Questions set 7:
Q2- Mechanism of Action
Q4-Adverse Effects of following
Pharmacology Questions Set 8:
b-Prokinetic Agents (Metoclopramide-agents that increase the motility)
Q3-Give Mechanism of Action
a-Dietry Fibre oas purgative
Q4-Drug regimens for
a-eradication of Helicobacter pylori
b-acute attack of bronchial asthma
Pharmacology Questions Set 9:
Q1- Classify Antiemetics
Q2-Mechanism of Action of Omeprazole and bismuth salts
Q3-Clinical Uses and Contra indications of
Q4-Compare and contrast Cimetidine and ranitidine
Q5-Clinical uses of
Q9-How would you treat Pt. with the history of breathlessness, wheez and dry cough.
Q10- A pt. with heartburn, pain in the epigastrium and indigestion comes to you. what is the drug therapy.
Dr Q9 answer-Copd
q10 answer- Acute peptic ulcer
Pharmacology Questions set 10:
Q1- What are the adverse effects of H2-receptor antagonishts?
Q2-Give mechanism of action and clinical uses of pantoperazole?
Q3-Enumerate Bronchodilators. Give their adverse effects.
Q4-what are the clinical uses of cromolyn.Give Mechanism of Action.
Q5-Give Drug Interactions of Furosemide.
Q6-Give mechanism of action of diuretics
Pharmaology Questions Set 11:
1-Describe A) Transdermal Route of Drug Administration.
b) Disadvantages and Precautions of IV route.
2- What is the purpose of drug metabolism in the body? Name various reactions of metabolism. Describe Enzyme Induction.
3- What Information can be provided by Graded Dose Response Curve and Quantal Dose Response Curve?
4- Define and Give significance of 1st pass Effect, Plasma Half Life and Cumulation of Drugs in the Body?
5- Define with examples.
a- Enterohepatic circulation of Drugs
b- Physiological Antagonism
c- Loading Dose
e- Pro Drug
Pharma Qsns Set 12 :
1-Write Note on Alkaloids.
2-What are the routes of elimination of drugs? Give Examples.
3-What is the significance of bioequivalence.
4-How do drugs act through intracellular receptors?
5-Classify Drugs antagonism. Give examples.
6-What is the significance of Therapeutic index?
7-What do you understand by renal clearance of drugs?
8-Give Examples of Phase 1 drug metabolizing reactions.
9-What are the Pharmacodynamic drug Interactions? Give Examples.
10-What are various types of Allergic Drug reactions?
1-What are various types of drug antagonism? Give one example in each.
2-What is therapeutic index? Give its significance..
3-Define Biological Standardization? Give List of drugs which are biologically standardized.
4-Difference between Tolerance and Tachyphylaxis.
5-What information is obtained from Dose Response Curve?
6- Differentiate between 1st and Zero Order Kinetics.
7-Give three Formulae for calculating the dose of the Child.
8-Define the following. 1. Placebo 2. Official Drug 3. Pharmacogenetics.
9-Give example of Pharmacokinetic drug interacton
1-Enumerate Five groups of drugs with Low Therapeutic Index.
2-What is anaphylaxis? Enumerate the drugs used in its management.
3-What information is obtained from Dose Response Curve?
( affinity, potency, efficacy, Antagonism, LD50, ED50, T.I, Margin of Safety)
4-What is bioassay? Give three examples of drugs standardized by this method.
5-What is Volume of Distribution? What is its significance.
6-Sometimes on Continued Drug administration response decreases why ?
7-Enlist Sources and Active Priniciples of Drugs.
If you like it , please share with your friends too.